Participants of GIIP at 2018 French-American Workshop in Grenoble
The National Science Foundation’s Partnership in International Research and Education on Hybrid Materials for Quantum Science and Engineering (PIRE:HYBRID) at University of Pittsburgh seeks undergraduate students (sophomore or junior) to participate in the summer GIANT International Internship Program (GIIP) 2019 in Grenoble, France as part of a collaborative research exchange program (http://www.giant-grenoble.org/en/). The goal of PIRE: HYBRID is the realization of a quantum computer which would unlock the revolutionary computing powers based on the principles of quantum superposition and entanglement. (https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1743717)
The 10 Week Program Highlights Include:
- Participating in ground breaking research on quantum computing with top scientists at Neel Institute,INAC, INRIA and University of Grenoble-Alpes
- Exposure to state-of-the-art research facilities such as the ESRF
- Collaboration and networking with peers and advisors
- Experiencing the culture of the area with fellow undergraduates from partnering universities
The GIIP will support travel and accommodations for a 10-week research exchange during the upcoming summer (TBD). Undergraduate students from University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University or University of California, Santa Barbara and UCSB network colleges are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the Online Application . Once you submit the application, you will need to email the below materials as attachments in order to complete your application process (please send your email to email@example.com ) before December 31,2018. Please contact Professor Sergey Frolov (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Other Application Materials
- Briefly describe any prior research experience and technical skills you have and how it will relate with PIRE-HYBRID (350-word limit)
- An unofficial transcript
- A one-page resume
- A name and contact information of a Faculty member at your institution, who we could contact and discus with regarding to your application.